Genomic technology is more accessible than ever. “But it’s not that easy” I hear you say. The tools are cheaper, easier to use, and more powerful, but knowing how and where to start is probably also more confusing than ever.
This is where this educational guide comes in. Genomics is moving at such a rapid pace that finding easy-to-understand explanations are hard to come by. This handbook will help ease the adoption of genomic technology in your own lab, and understand how NGS fits into the clinic. With leading technology companies, we’ve put together the Genomics 101 as a guided tour through the world of human genomics.
What does it cover? Understand the questions that you can use genomics to ask, the platforms available to you, and how they work. Everything from exploring DNA micro-arrays, Next Generation Sequencing, and turning data into something clinically useful…
- CHAPTER 1: Designing Genomics Experiments – What is the right method?
Affymetrix: Pioneering Whole Genomics Analysis
- CHAPTER 2: Turning DNA into Data – How different sequencing techniques work
Agilent Technologies: Deep Clonal Profiling
New England Biolabs: Meeting the Changing Demands of NGS
- CHAPTER 3: Analysing Data – How to build a DNA sequence
Seven Bridges Genomics: Discovery in Millions of Genomes
DNANexus: DNANexus Made Ridiculously Simple
- CHAPTER 4: NGS Interpretation and Discovery – The process of interpreting sequence data
WuXiNextCODE: The OS of the Genome
- CHAPTER 5: NGS in the Clinic – The rise of NGS tests
Agilent Technologies: ACMG Recommendations on Sequence Variant Interpretation
- CHAPTER 6: Genome Editing – History, CRISPR and the future
Twist Bioscience: Reimagine Genome Scale Research
If it hasn’t already, it is only a matter of time until genomics changes the way you work. Make sure you’re up to speed – enter your details below and you can access the entire Genomics 101 for yourself in PDF form.