Registration for the Festival of Genomics 2020 Now Open
Returning for its 5th consecutive year, the 2020 Festival promises to be a unique experience, a crossroads for the entire genomics ecosystem to discover, meet, learn, have fun and celebrate. It is the largest genomics event in the UK and the fastest growing genomics event in the world.
The Festival delivers incredible talks, speakers, cutting-edge content, inspirational topics, and powerful learning and networking experiences – driven by a social mission to deliver the benefits of genomics to people faster. This year the Festival is broken down into key themes, allowing attendees to attend the sessions most suited to their role and interests. You can view the themes below or visit the website for the full agenda.
The Intelligent Genome · BioData: Beyond the Genome · The Pharmaceutical Genome · The Clinical Genome · The Research Genome · The Cancer Genome · The Rare Genome · The Economic Genome · The Social Genome · The Innovative Genome · Climate and the Genome · “Down the Rabbit Hole”
Following extensive research and listening to attendee feedback the 2020 Festival will :
- Add two new theatres, packed full of talks/speakers with every session on the main four stages chaired
- Deliver equal gender representation in the speaker faculty
- Double the seating capacity to ensure there is enough space for everyone to attend the sessions they want
- Bring together attendees with similar interests and facilitate serendipitous ‘collisions’ with general and themed speed networking
- Delve into the climate and the genome, with several sessions focusing on genomics-driven projects to mitigate/alleviate the impact of climate change
- Introduce chill-out and work zones, offering you somewhere to take a break or reconnect with work, situated away from the noise and energy of the main Festival areas
- Bring back Talkaoke, the popular pop-up talk show where anyone can sit down and air their views on any topic around a table of chat
In addition to the new features for 2020 attendees will hear from the most influential and inspiring leaders of the UK genomics industry, our 2020 headliners include:
- Chris Wigley, CEO, Genomics England
- Dame Sue Hill, Chief Scientific Officer, NHS England
- Rory Collins, Principal Investigator and Chief Executive, UK Biobank; Steering Committee, China Kadoorie Biobank
- Baroness Nicola Blackwood, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department of Health and Social Care, UK Government
- Andrew Morris, Director, Health Data Research UK
- Vivienne Parry, Head of Engagement, Genomics England
- James Hadfield, Director and Principal Diagnostic Scientist, Precision Medicine Laboratories, AstraZeneca
- Clare Turnbull, Professor of Medical Genomics, 100,000 Genomes Project Clinical Cancer Genomics Lead, and Senior – Researcher, Queen Mary University of London, Genomics England and the Institute of Cancer Research
- Anna Middleton, Chair of AGNC and Head of Society and Ethics Research, Wellcome Genome Campus
Take a look at all of our confirmed speakers here.
Be amongst the very first to register your place and join a diverse array of attendees in a stimulating environment, to support patients and people who desperately need the help that genomics can offer.
Silos melt away at the Festival – it’s about making new, exciting connections – with both topics and people. We hope you can join us!